Saturday, March 29, 2008

Highly .RECommended


I was at Synapse honcho Don May's Friday night and we watched the Spanish horror flick .Rec (2007), helmed by awesome contemporary Spanish director Jaume Balagueró. All I can say is that it was an amazing 70 minutes. I can't remember the last time a film made me jump - it's been YEARS. .Rec rectified this - AND - it provided some damn fine creepiness too.

I'd like to give this film a larger entry and will do so when I'm feeling a bit better. Please excuse the inelegance of my pen at this hour, but I've been under the weather as of late. .Rec is an amazing film. It's not without a few minor flaws (very few films are), but its vision and extremely taut rising action make for a brilliant lil' gem of which we need more of. Sadly, the NTSC release is in limbo as Sony's Screen Gems is currently remaking it. I'll leave you with this charming image before I sign off tonight - courtesy of Javier Botet's blog (the actor who played this particular part). Creeeeeeeeeeeeepy! Another entry on this film coming soon!

No comments: