Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Oh, Bloody Hell...

New semester, new course preps, dissertation woes, research in Spain next month = no time to write ANYTHING for my be it ever so humble lil' blog, Trash Aesthetics. I've barely had time to keep up with the amazing posts from my blog buds lately.

Anyhow, things are brewing up here (tapping my forehead) and as promised I will indeed get on top of that review for Wild Wild Planet as promised to Don. Speaking of which, Don was invited to Kevin Smith's big shabang premier of his latest film last weekend in Austin. I will be calling him in the next day or two to get the low down... Is it me or does it seem much more like a Kevin "Apatow" Smith film?

SHOCKTOBER is rapidly approaching. The smell of Autumn is unmistakingly making its way to nostrils everywhere in the midwest. Cider mills are bustling, pumpkins abound, it's the greatest time of the year. As much as winter sucks major ass, I couldn't live without the FALL. Halloween my friends, Halloween. As Sir Graves used to say, "Happy Haunting... Nyaa aaa aaaaaa aaaah!"

Oh, and PS: Friday the 13th: The Series came out today and I hauled ass down to Bestbuy to snag me a copy. This show came out my senior year of high school and I LOVED IT. Sweet nostalgia...

7 comments:

ewa said...

"Friday the 13th: The Series" was a lot of fun. I thought there was some unexplored but still there sexual tension between Micki (Louise Robey who was, I think, billed as only as "Robey") and her cousin Ryan (John LeMay) that was made more piquant be keeping it in the background.

An oddly captivating late night show.

Ross Horsley said...

Hurrah! There's no greater word in the English language than SHOCKTOBER! Can't wait. As for "Friday the 13th: The Series", I'm sad to report I've never seen it, but I heard a rumour that it airs on an obscure cable channel here, so maybe it's time I sought it out...

Chick Young said...

EWA, thanks for the comment and by the way you've got a KILLER blog man. Very clever and very fun! And to you and my good mate in the U.K., the dvd set is the worst transfer I have EVER seen in my life. The dvd's look like 7th generation vhs dubs of a sci-fi channel marathon. Good lord, you shell out nearly 40 bucks (two weeks worth of discretionary income with this economy) and you get the WORST and I mean WORST WORST WORST looking dvd's I have seen. Fuzzy, dark, essentially unwatchable. What the fuck are they thinking putting out such a shoddy product. The Amazon reviews from the last two days echo the same sentiments - HORRIBLE HORRIBLE source elements. SHAME ON YOU AT CBS VIDEO!

Btw, Ross - Anchorwoman's new facelift is great. The site's looking mighty spiffy!

Chick Young said...

He Ed, I got your message. I thought the blog under "blogs I follow" was actually your blog! Sorry man, didn't realize it was YOU!

Booked a ticket for Spain today. We should get together before I go.

Liz said...

ahhh.... shocktober! we've already made some DVD purchases in preparation...

p.s. bowman's in Michigan RIGHT NOW. catch him before he leaves!

Uranium Willy said...

great to see a sign of life from you here. the pulse readings were getting low. no sweat, take care of priorities. I snagged that film Wild, Wild World from online ad with your permission I will get the jump on you for a review, since there is a tie in with the writer and a recent film I posted on The Green Slime. take care and hoep to have you back soon in full force...

Bill

Chick Young said...

Lizzie, many thanks girl. Special X-tra thanks for the sugary goodies this weekend!!

Bill Baby,
The pulse is still LOW, just too busy with the professional juggling act at the moment. But rest assured, I am visiting the cafe often and reading all new posts from you! All the best buddy.
Chick