Well, another calendar year rapidly winds down. Wow, what a year. I'm going to just talk about frivolities briefly here because if I wanted to talk about the more serious issues and stories of this year - I wouldn't be able to hit "Publish Post" for another two weeks. I'm grateful for a healthy and productive year and look forward to 2009. Last year I wrote that 2008 would hopefully promise good things in the name of:
- Conferences - That's a Check
- Research in Spain - That's a Check
- The first draft of a doctoral dissertation - Nope, but the first CHAPTER is coming along.
1) - The Re-launch of FUTURAMA (which technically began in late 07') which has given us three feature length movies that are superior to the majority of films (in my opinion) in your local cineplex.
2) - My other major love affair this year was with the excellent 30 Rock. And why oh why is it that the shows that I love so much are always such a tough sell to others (even with all the Emmy's it racked up)?
As of now, I am still in love with:
The Simpsons South Park Supernatural The Majority of NPR shows and some other stuff I am sure, but let's keep this post manageable.
The only major divorce this year was with:
Smallville - but who knows, maybe I'll tune in again one day...
Right then, Happy New Year to you all. May it be a damn sight better than the old one.