Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Recognition is Always Nice


“The Dardos Award is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.”

I was awarded this very flattering award by my friend Taliesin of Taliesin Meets the Vampires (the greatest blog on all things vampire - full stop). I humbly accept this award and in the spirit it was given pass it on to some bloggers (some of whom may already have this award) who have made a constant and steady difference in my life. One is requested to pass on this award to five people who you feel embody the nature and spirit of this award. As such, to my friends:

Gilligan - who always leaves me a thought provoking comment or word of thanks and whose Retrospace is very often the highlight of a given day

Bill - my amigo in China whose Uranium Cafe always spellbinds. His new podcasts are even more illuminating - please keep them coming! Bill is the older brother I once had.

Ed - a good personal friend whose blog, though still young, is flourishing at a steady clip and providing me with a great deal of expertise on all things Hong Kong. Find him at Teresa Mak & Other Hong Kong Actresses

Erik - Another good personal friend and comrade in arms in our never ending doctoral endeavors. You can read all about Erik's Memorable Fancies

And lastly, to Joe - who inspired me to set up this blog in the first place. Joe, like yours truly, does not post as often as he would like, but when he is inspired to do so - you should take note. Joe, like his blog title, is Always Returning to my blog with many kind things to say.

There are many more of you (you know who you are) who I would like to share this with - and in fact I DO. These are just a few shout outs that I felt needed mentioning...

Cheers and thanks for reading my crap.

3 comments:

Gilligan said...

Thanks!

BTW I am still reeling from your post on films released in 1980. Me and a couple coworkers here spent our lunch break going through movie releases around this time (inspired by your post)- the contrast to today's releases is staggering. It's incomprehensible to us that Caddyshack and Airplane were released the same summer!

The Shining, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Halloween, Friday the 13th, etc. all within a few years of each other. (Shaking fist in the air) We want a freakin TARDIS!!

Chick Young said...

When you get your hands on one Gil, let me borrow the keys for a bit. You can just throw me back in, say, 76' or 77' at my current age. I'll take care of the rest.

Uranium Willy said...

I was reading over your post on Christina Lindberg and scrolled down and saw this. Thanks so much. Sometimes I think I get stuff like this just because someone has to pick five lost souls but I got one for you and Tal in the same week or two week period.

Sadly I am really bad about posting the award and passing it along. I will try to get this up though along with Tal's. The Cafe is not even a year old, beginning about the same time as Gilligan's site. But it is still around after many set back and hurdles. I still feel a kindred spirit with a little over half a dozen bloggers I met early on from the LAMBS and from somewhere unknown.

I am remiss in my posting but like you Chick my personal life eats up valuable time and mental energy when I could be writing yet more award winning essays on ape to human brain transplants.

Sometimes these awards mean mean I have come to realize recently based on who sends them to you and coming from you I take it as high praise and I PROMISE (you and Tal) that this time I will acknowledge it... and finally too the one Gil sent me back when I knew no HTML still. Let me finish my posts on Doctor of Doom and Wrestling Women vs the Aztec Mummy first. Priorities my friend. Thanks.

Bill (p.s. when you have a couple minutes drop by the new Necrotic Cinema. I could not stand the three column deal any longer and changed templates. I designed that sidebar graphic myself basically)