Monday, June 8, 2009

Gone Fishin'



I apologize for the lack of activity around here lately.  I'm on a grant to write full-time right now.  As a result, I am writing seven days a week to get as much done as humanly possible - sadly this leaves little time or energy for my blog.  I'll be back soon however with some light posts - like the "It's 'fill in celeb here' Day"  In fact, I've been thinking a lot lately that it needs to be "Wendy James" day around here or maybe Cathy Moriarty day.  What I really want to do is write a review of "I Desire" as promised to a good mate in England (who sent me a copy all the way from England), but all my powers of criticism are focused on something else right now.  Suffice it to say, until I get to that review properly, I loved it!  I am however, I think, MORE nostalgic than my amigo in the U.K., who is incidentally the same age as yours truly.  For now then, à tout à l'heure!

Your host and proprietor, Chick Young
xxoo


8 comments:

ewaffle said...

Snag a few dissertaion chapters so you will be Herr Doktor Chick Young in a few months.

Eric said...

Even though your blogging may suffer, it's nice to have a 'real' writing gig isn't it?

Chick Young said...

Indeed Gentlemen - and thanks!

Keith said...

Great photo. Good luck with the writing. I wish you the best.

sexy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bill said...

Chick

I love the Chinese spam message there. I cannot really read enough to figure it all out but this

成人影片

Cheng ren Ying Pian, or adult movie. So I think we can figure out the rest from there, eh Watson?

Anyay, just dropping by to see how you are and looks like you are busy as usual. Do what you have to do and remember this stuff is for when there is nothng else in life to do. Take care and keep us all up to date on your scholarly pursuits and endeavors.

Bill

Carlos Aguilar said...

UN ABRAZO, AMIGO!

Anonymous said...

Chick,

I ran into your blog doing a search for "Trash Aesthetic" I'm currently enrolled in an MFA program for creative writing which I'm not really that happy with at the moment. Anyway, from what I've seen I'm Very interested in the trash aesthetic though in perhaps a slightly different way. I was wondering if maybe I could get your email for a little correspondence. The scholarship of this aesthetic is something I'm very interested in as well. I understand you're probably very busy so I won't take it hard if you ignore me or take a while to respond. You can email me at gkawamura2000@yahoo.com

thanks for your time,
Gary A. Kawamura