Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Good To Be Back

Dear Friends,

Forgive my long absence from this blog. This blog has been, and continues to be, an important outlet for impulses that are not always sanctioned though other channels. In other words, I can bitch and rant and rave and gush and boo hoo and applaud anything I damn well choose here, at my blog. It has also been a conduit through which I have made several friends - they're listed just below and to the right on my blogroll. Talented and generous amigos all.

After visiting the page with a pretty special person today, I realized I had to get back to some occasional posting. Trash Aesthetics has helped me over the years and I've neglected it in favor of more pressing work. Priorities can be a bitch...

I've been writing for the last year and a half a large project. It's been a long haul and this project continues to taunt me - but I am about 3/5ths done; light is showing at the end of this long tunnel.

So, while I don't have anything major to say tonight about anything in particular, I am SAYING that I will shortly. I've got some usual bugs up my ass about things here and there that I cannot keep bottled up forever. Or, I just may need to get back to some of my usual columns here at T and A that I love(d). Gone to Bed - Girls ga ga, and so forth.

All the best, Your Proprietor
Chick Young xoxo



9 comments:

ewaffle said...

Chick--

It is lovely that you can reconnect with the fans of your blog--we have missed reading your stuff.

Even better to note the "quitmeter" at the upper right hand corner. As you know it is really difficult to stop smoking--but it is also one of the best things one can do.

Chick Young said...

Thanks so much Ed. I am on my way over to your blog as we speak. Been away too long!

Root Mean Squared said...

it's lovely to see you blogging again. i, too, have been busy (as you can probably tell by looking at the last time i blogged). we (jamie, chris and i) are busy trying to get our film studio off the ground. it seems like every time we take two steps forward, we end up taking five steps back. however, the important thing is that we're definitely moving forward.

i'll contact you soon to give you the details.

Uranium Willy said...

Welcome back! Kook forward to your new stuff here.

Bill @The Uranium Cafe

Taliesin_ttlg said...

Yay - Chicks back... and good luck with the quiting... its not easy, I know, I've quit and started and quit and started... currently on a nice long quit and so wish you every success with that buddy.

Chick Young said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chick Young said...

Many thanks to you all - Joe, Ed, Bill, Andy. I am trying hard to come up with something to write about!! And thanks Andy for the fine compliments about the smoking. Finally glad to be free of it!

Gore-Gore Girl said...

I sure wish you'd post more - we seem to have lots in common.

Just some encouragement and well wishes from a usually-silent reader.

GGG

Chick Young said...

GG Girl, thank you for such a thoughtful compliment. I keep saying (or writing) that I'll be spending more time here at T and A, but I truly am overwhelmed with another writing project. I hope to have something up soon - even if it's a fluff, no substance post, it's better than silence! Thanks again.

Chick
xo